Wednesday, July 25, 2007

This is my story - A decision made

It was like 3 weeks since I last posted something here. It's not that I have run out of things to write, but it's because I am too busy with my things on hand. I have recently made a very big decision on my life. I quit my job!! This could be for the better or worse. Anyway, the decision has been made, and there is no turning back now, for me.. I really wanted to share this feeling with someone, but dunno who to talk to.. so well, what's a blog for if it's not something for you to release your feelings within ?

Suddenly realised that I haven't talk much about myself here. To cut the story short, I am a degree holder in Accounting and Finance. Most people thought that I would have gone into a big accounting firm or bank or stock broking firm or something like that when I graduated, back in year 2001. But I didn't. I thought those are boring jobs, so I opted for a job as a sales executive in a chemical plant. Sounds more exciting and interesting as the incomes were based on commissions, so the potential of making it big time is higher, and there were more things to learn, I so thought back then, when I was much more naive than I am now. Anyway, as the years go by, I was transferred from the sales department to project management, to build a new plant and operation head to start up a new plant and so on. Basically, I have involved from A to Z of starting a business. And without noticed, I am already getting a pay which is few times higher compared to when I first joined the company, and I will have an easy and confortable life if I stick to what I am doing, at least for another few more years. I should be happy by now. But I am not! I felt like I have to move on and away from this comfort zone in order to grow. And hence, I have tendered my resignation and I will officially unemployed from the 31st August 2007, coincided with the Independence Day of Malaysia.

Well, life's gonna be different when I am all alone out there, I think. And I also have to figure out how to make a living going forward. But I have a rough idea in mind and an ambition which I so wish to accomplish in my life. I wanted to be one great investor like Warren Buffett. So, I might want to start off my dream by setting up an investment vehicle like what Mr Buffett did back then with his Buffett Partnership. I wanted to make those people around me, who have trust in me, millionaires, like what Mr Buffett had done to his investors.. This is my target, my dream and I am going to make it happen!!

2 comments:

shin_888 said...

it is me, kok shin. nice to hear that u "resigned". respect.

Ernest Lim said...

Hey man, thanks for dropping by!