Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year 2008

Wishing all my readers a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
(I really appreciate that you are still visiting this page)

During the past 2 months, 2 GREAT things happened to me. The first, the arrival of my baby girl to the family. She is the greatest gift I have ever received for years and I have been busy picking up new skills on how to take care of her. Now I have finally realised the meaning of "Everyday is a miracle". Believe me, for those who are yet to become a father, this is one exciting experience!

2nd thing, I have FINALLY decided to kick start my personal fund that I have been talking for months since I resigned from my day job. The main reason for me to start this fund is that I have lost patience with the poorly managed funds and unit trusts that are being offered in the market lately. Ok, I admit it, I have such misfortune to have invested in money losing funds, even though I have already held them for 3 years plus. Although I do hear some very good funds that return 10-20% per year, but hell, how much did the market return this year? the KLCI returned around 30% for year 2007, not to mention other big performers like the China Market and Hong Kong ones which have returned 93% and 50% respectively (they have reached much higher levels during the year). So, is it reasonable for us to pay 4~7% management fees for some fund managers that performed even worse than the market? not to mention those that have even yielded negative returns! Oh well, isn't it similar to paying extra high bonuses for company's directors even when they have made losses for the company? What to do? It's an unfair world out there! (sorry, I always got carried away when I start talking about paying people to lose my money!)

Anyway, it's great to start writing again! My apologies for being away for so long and many thanks to those people who have pushed me to start writing this blog again. Let's hope that this is going to be one good NEW Year for all!

No comments: